Very effective intermediate and final fixative for pastels and chalk based on alcohol. Colourless, non-yellowing; age-resistant; fast drying.
- Shake well before use
- Spray at room temperature by moving the can from one side to the other and from top to bottom and holding the can at a distance of 30 – 40 cm from the vertically positioned or slightly inclined and completely dry object. (Make the change in spray direction away from the picture)
- The level of gloss depends in accordance to absorbance of the surface, painting technique and the thickness of the film
- The subsequent fixing of the surface of a picture produced using materials low in binding agents like water-colours or gouache colors may cause the colour shade to become significantly darker. Using too much fixative frequently causes a loss of “lightness”. The product may also makes the support, for example the paper, more transparent
- The fixative coats normally used in practice give no special UV protection to the paints used! For this reason, we recommend that you use high-quality and lightfast artists´ paints from the outset as far as possible
- For the ideal protection of water-colour paintings we additionally recommend using special glass for frames
- Any clogged-up spray heads are best cleaned using acetone
- Store in a cool and dry place
- Protect from sunlight and do not expose to temperatures exceeding 50°C (122°F)
- Individual pre-tests are required.